Monday, October 19, 2009

Favorite: 5 Fall Break Experiences '09

I thought I would get in the spirit of fall break and mention what I liked most about my trip to Seattle.

5. General escape from Salt Lake
I needed a break from my hometown. I had never been to Seattle and found the wet weather, brilliant fall colors, ample flora, and general wonderful atmosphere to be everything I want in a future residential environment.

4. SciFi Museum and Hall of Fame
-The awesomeness of Han Solo, Godzilla, and Flash Gordon all rolled into one!
-Actually rocked out on the drums in my girlfriend and sister's band Clusterfeist. It was a bitchin' cover to The Beatles' bitchin' cover to the Top Notes' song "Twist and Shout."

3. Seattle Art Museum
I got to see Calder's mobiles, Michelangelo's sketches, and the latest Wyeth's soul on canvas. An enormous and gorgeous art museum.

2. Pike Place Market
After our visit the SAM we walked down the street to Pike Place. At the Pike Place Fish Market Liz was tossed the notorious fish with an iron grip. Then we walked a bit further down the market and I enjoyed a grande non-fat white chocolate mocha at the universe's first ever Starbucks.

1. Visit family
My biological sister, Rachel, lives very close to Seattle and I was fortunate enough to stay with her during my trip and meet her adoptive family for the first time ever! They were all very hospitable as we drank and ate the salmon that Liz caught at Pike Place.

2 comments:

  1. I hear she caught that salmon with her bare hands! What a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to college for a year in Washington and I've been to the Seattle Art Museum. It is an absolutely beautiful place. I'm not an art guy but there is something about that place that makes you appreciate art at a certain level. I've also been to Pike Place too and the people tossing fishes around always amazes me. Who knew that tossing seafood can be so entertaining?

    ReplyDelete