Sunday, September 27, 2009

Favorite: 5 Rock Bands

5. Franz Ferdinand
Quirky as they are and ever-developing in their music, this band is never a boring listen-to. They can raise your spirits with their energy and vocal-musical chemistry.

4. Queens of the Stone Age
A dark, sexual band that is oddly never "too much" or repulsive. If you see them coming in a live concert, leave your inhibitions at the door and caress the beast inside.

3. Led Zeppelin
With the most unique voice in rock and the best guitar, it's hard not to have Zep on my list. As interesting as ever and still so damn influential. I can listen to them on any day and their music will fit.

2. Muse
My cosmic outlet. Muse makes you want there to be extraterrestrials, apocalypse, and most importantly, more Muse. They are a killer band that I found smart in this time of unintelligent radio/video.

1. The Beatles
I have so many memories with The Beatles. From the first time i heard a songs of theirs knowing they were the Beatles, I finally realized how much I loved John, Paul, George, and Ringo. Fun, emotional, and kick-ass all at once.

1 comment:

  1. The blogs in your class are way funner to follow than my class. I enjoyed reading this and the typeface one. Although I thought Franz Ferdinand's second album (along with its constructivist rip-off was a disappointed follow-up to the first). And I sure there's some use you could find for dingbats. Beatles no. 1 not surprising.

    ReplyDelete