Monday, November 23, 2009

Most Favorite: 3 6th Grade Memories

3. Earning the part of Petruchio in The Taming of the Shrew
Although the part was split into the two halves, I was given the first half of the play to be the main actor. It was a challenge but I thought it was fun, being the first time I was involved in a play requiring actual acting.

2. 6th Grade Valentine's Dance
Going through puberty and being faced with your first formal experience with girls should have been more nerve-wracking than it was. I even got to slow dance--my first slow dance--with the newest and cutest addition to our 6th grade student body, Krystal Chick. She moved away a year or two later, never to be seen by me again.

1. Winning my first and only fightI am usually quite a pacifist, but when John was being a wiener I had to defend my best friend. After he pushed my friend to the ground, I subsequently retaliated by pushing him back. He casually strolled passed me and when he was out of sight, blindside punched me. I darted at John, threw him to the ground, and (being a fan at the time of World Championship Wrestling) performed the "Steiner Recliner" (pictured). We stopped scuffling, he walked away with a bloody nose, and ever since I've had a 1-0 fight record.

No comments:

Post a Comment